Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Beer of the week: Guilford Golden Ale

Beer score: 4.1
ABV: 3.8
IBU: unknown
I was really looking forward to this lighter American ale. It's from a regional brewery in Greensboro, North Carolina, and I always like trying something new. Plus, I was in the mood for a brew that wasn't real heavy, and I had hoped this beer would suffice. It didn't. Sorry, but the smell assaulted me right off the bat with a skunkiness reminiscent of something like Old Milwaukee. The flavor has sort of a light, bread-like quality, but that's it. Nothing special here, and the fizz was a bit too much, though not overpowering. Also, I found three different Web addresses for the brewing company, none of which was working, so I'm not sure if this company is still in business or not; apparently they are also a restaurant and pub. I've included a link above just in case the site was only down temporarily. Regardless of my all-around disappointment, this was just one brew, so I'll give this brewery another shot at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment