Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Beer of the week: The Bruery Trade Winds Tripel

Beer score: 5.0
Web site: The Bruery
ABV: 8.1
IBU: 25
In all fairness, this is a quality brew. However, I just didn't care for the flavor, thus the lower score on my part. That being said, there are probably plenty of beer snobs out there who would love this beer. Trade Winds Tripel is the summer brew from The Bruery out of Placentia, California, and I have to admit it is one of the more unique-tasting beers I've had. It's a Belgian-style ale but it's brewed with Thai basil and rice, which is enough to make this an usual beer, and worth trying. When I poured it into a glass it had a nice, light blonde coloring and quite the foamy head. The scent is quite strong, and I could really smell the basil along with some floral elements. There's not a lot of alcohol flavor here, which isn't bad, though there is an overabundance of bitterness which is where this drink went bad for me. There's also a wheat flavor here, some citrus qualities and you can taste the rice. Again, this is actually a good beer, but it's just not my thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment