Pages

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Saranac Dunkel Lager

Beer score: 7.3
Web site: Saranac
This dark lager is labeled a limited release, which is a shame because it's one of my favorites from the Saranac folk. This beer has a smooth, burnt caramel taste that's easy to get used to. Heavy enough for even porter and stout fans to enjoy. At first, there's some slight carbonation, but it is more than tolerable and eases as you drink more. By the way, as I'm writing this on Dec. 22, 2002, my online beer page is just more than five years old. What made me think of this was the fact that I started these beer pages with some of the Saranac brews. Update: It's now July 4, 2010 (yes, I'm celebrating the Fourth with beer and writing about beer), my old page no longer exists and has been replaced with this blog you're reading; actually, the blog is an improvement, though I hated to see my old page go.

No comments:

Post a Comment